Cynthia Payne is an experienced transformational business leader. A strong leader, Cynthia left SummitCare, her most recent 15-year tenure, as an industry leader recognised for growth, innovation and excellence. In addition, she played a key leadership role in the industry chairing national industry engagement groups including Chair for LASA NSW/ACT.
SummitCare was a three-time recognised winner with a Silver and two Golds through the Australian Business Excellence Awards programme, and in 2015 Australian Growth Company awards. In March 2018 Cynthia was awarded the University of Western Sydney award for Business recognising her work in Western Sydney and the Lucy mentoring programme.
A highly sought-after speaker, Cynthia addresses leadership, women in leadership, business excellence, mentoring and many topics affecting aged care industry in Australia (Policy, management, innovation and strategy).
Her qualifications include a Bachelor of Applied Science (Nursing), MBA, and Certified Practitioner for Balanced Scorecard by Kaplan and Norton. She is also a registered yoga teacher holding an 800-hour Cert IV in Yoga teaching and holds an Advanced dementia care certificate
Key achievements include:
- Led SummitCare through 3 rounds of Excellence evaluation- recognised
- 2009 Silver, 2012 & 2014 Gold
- Key results include high staff retention, many industry awards, better than
industry benchmark results for EBITDA, resident and staff satisfaction and
engagement, occupancy and workers compensation to revenue measures
- Recognized in 2013 with the Woodside Better Business Award by Creative
- 2015 Australian Growth Awards
- 2018 Woman of the West award – Business- Western Sydney University
- 2014 Current Guest lecturer- Macquarie University MGSM
- 2016 Dementia Design Masterclass- Dementia design – Stirling University Edinburgh
- 2016-2018 Chair- LASA Member Advisory Committee ( NSW & ACT)
- Chair 2018 Meaningful Australia Spiritual Care Awards
- Member- IAC- Macquarie University Centre for Health Economics
- Advisor- CCIA Holdings
- Advisor – Total Constructions
- 2016-2017 Australian member- ISO Strategic Advisory Group (SAG) Ageing Societies
- 2016-2018-Member – Australian Standards Silver Economy Steering Committee
- 2014-2017 – Chair – LASA Congress Steering Committee